Eating Out: Part 4

Before you read this, read:

Photo credit: FotoosVanRobin on Foter.com/CC BY-SA

It’s difficult to eat something that has potatoes and some pungent sauce screaming all over it - especially when you are irritated. A quiver of anger ran through my legs, and I began to grind my teeth - not out of indignation but because I had to do something to let all that anger walk away from me. In my mind, I had yelled and barked at the two to the point of exhaustion and they were still refusing to budge. That wasn’t quite the picture to help me out of my condition. So I wiped it out and let the cacophony of the traffic outside seep into my ears. That drowned it all and a minute later, I had regained my composure and began to munch on my lunch yet again.

By the time I had neared the last morsel of the contents of my plate, the knot in my chest had loosened a bit. The ropes that had tugged it tight enough to suffocate me were now waving an olive branch and I willingly accepted their offer.

I rarely accept olive branches; there was a time I did, frequently, and the routine seemed to work on autopilot with clockwork precision. People would say the most astounding and annoying things to me, I would go quiet, they would then be unable to bear the silence that ensued or perhaps they themselves decided to term what they said to me as annoying, then they would talk sweetly to me, slip in an apology directly or indirectly, and I, like a country bumpkin eager to be the one in everyone’s good books, would accept and go back to talking with them - till it was time for the next round of insults. And then the whole cycle was repeated all over again.

Well, I have gotten fed up of that and so, prefer to keep my mouth shut more often. At least that way, I don’t talk enough to give enough space for a situation to crop up! it’s not something Oprah Winfrey would have approved of, but well, I don’t care much for Oprah these days either - unless she gifts me a car or a bungalow or a few suitcases of cash. Well, even that’s not happening anytime soon either!

To be continued...

Comments