The Experience - Part II

Before you read this, read: The Experience - Part I

Date: Sometime in October 2014

Shades of green on the wall appeared darker and the black of the shadows in corners yelled out their presence in a strong arresting tone. I felt my self sinking into a sublime loneliness that enveloped me with a warmth sure enough to drown me in some pit of vapid heart-grabbing liquid.

I did not fall off the chair yet my consciousness was on the ground and I was hurtling towards the screen. I knew for a fact I was seated and yet I could sense the rapidity of motion as if some force had flung me towards the television. The feeling was quick in its effect and as swiftly as it shocked me it disappeared.

The din of the movie made no sense to me and through the quiet silent web of air tapping my being, I could have patted the physical form of nothingness. Dull it was as it moved next to me and around me. It left a trail of thoughts sore and burnt in their character as it swished around the hall and looked for a place to rest.

In the meantime, I stared at the television. The movie still made no sense to me and I wasn't irritated that it didn't. I let it play as if it were a lullaby - trying to strangle me into a sleep that would whack away all memory of what was happening at that moment.

My eyes started to weigh down on my cheekbones. They felt like steel blobs on fire. They unfurled a mattress of heat - severe white hot heat - on the rims of my eye sockets and fluffed their way down on them for a nap.

I closed my eyelids and wished I wasn't where I was. Or probably, I wished I wouldn't feel as if I were losing my mind. For that is exactly how I felt.

I was resting my chin on the palm of my left hand. My fingers had spread out to imitate a Japanese fan, and the folds of my cheek tried to fall into the space between them. I sensed a strange look spread over my face and I felt as if that look were related to a mind gone asunder.

Dark green and purple hues started to ascend near the edges of my vision. They curled up like smoke from a bonfire lit out of  deeds in exile - deeds that did want to do a whole lot of good but for want of a spine decided to walk the barren sands of a long-forgotten desert.

They curled up into the air and smeared the walls, flowed down to the table, enveloped the floor, and plunged into the dark recesses of the rooms beyond the hall.

To be continued...



Comments