On headaches

My head aches as if it has fallen in love with pain. It's as if several knives and rocks have ambushed my cranium. And I can't quite understand what brought about that ambush. I haven't been eating anything ice cold of late. Nor have I indulged in cold beverages either. The only drink that comes to mind is the lemon iced tea that I have had three days in a row. 

But I doubt that is aching my head. Something that innocent can hardly be blamed for an ache this spectacular. Which means I have to find something else to accuse and try at the stand. After all, someone has to take the blame. However, I'll let this pass for now though. The headache of finding a criminal is not one I want to get into. It's tedious and will be another burden to bear along with this head that already is hurting like Hell!

Well, if I were in Hell, I would  not have bothered. Once there, no pain should matter for you are there to live with it. But I am not - I am not in Hell. I am here on Earth where the grass is green, the sky is blue, and the oceans are green, blue, and white as well. And that gives me the right to bother about how to do away with the pain.

Perhaps, that's why we are here. On this planet I mean. To deal with pain of all sorts and grow weary of it as it increases its hold on us. And when we submit completely to its grasp, when even kissing goodbye is akin to kissing a barbed wire fence, it's time to sleep in coffins or be burned within logs of wood.

What happens next is something we will never know for sure. And I think it's best we don't bother. The ache of ignorance, you see, is far better a blanket to wrap up in than the stark reality of those wintry nights... 

Comments

Ankita Singh said…
Beautiful. We never know what happens next.