More About The Subject

August 20th, 2014

Morning opened its mouth to swallow the night that was hot and weary. A whole lot of stars disappeared in the bargain, and the Sun - in  its anger - refused to show up at work. I clasped the sides of the pillow and clutched at my chest. The beat within was steady, rhythmic, and for some reason, wanted to make my rib cage sound like a drum of nothingness.

A void of the deepest shade of purple pried open my eyes. Swimming in that shade were specks of flourescent yellow, blue, and a searing shade of orange. Along they swam all over the sea of purple not allowing any force of attention to arrest their movements. They had a mind of their own - to distract attention from any purpose whatsoever so that they could drift beneath the sea and sink every bit of light they captured.

A cradle of warmth took over the sensation in my neck. I was lulled into a bed of anxiety that seem to ooze from a sponge which knew the lay of my anatomy. It left me cold at the base of my neck and yet, warmed my toes. I wasn't worried about the consequent conflict in temperatures. Instead, the green of the wall sank in my being like a stone reaitching for the numb, silent, hard depths of a forlorn ocean...

The traffic on the road that peeped into my vision of the balcony began to honk its way into my ears. It was as if it were seeking attention, trying to awaken some metal case that imprisoned a part of me, worrying about the lack of any acknowledgement from my senses...

I acknowledge it instead. And then, the honk and the toot crashed into my room and swept away the purple sea...

Comments