An Observer

August 19th, 2014

Of course, I mind my own business and it's not for me to advice people. But you can't quite help it when you see things and want to say things as well.

I was on my way to the bazaar the other day when I saw this fellow walk by. Half his hair was down on his face. And the other half had decided to scandalize the wind! Forget the hair - he had not even shaved! Reall ruffian he was looking! Like those mawaalis near Crawford Market! Well now you see them everywhere - those gunda-type people. Really! You have no idea what a ragamuffin he looked!

Now I really mind my business you know. But when people talk so loudly, what am I to do? So he walked past me and then went into the apartment block. That was when one of the watchmen started to tell me about how he - this fellow I mean  - came late home that night in extremely vulgar tight clothes! And that too in black! Apparently, his mother hates that sort of thing but he has no respect for her.

I overheard him giving her tit for tat the other day. In fact, he told her to go to Hell if she did not like what he did! Does any child talk like that? Well, these days, children do but I am referring to the children born the time he was. Does anyone born around that time talk like that haan? No bloody respect at all!

I really pity his mother you know. All the shopping she does. They don't even have a bai! So then she must be cooking also. I wonder what the father does  - must be retired; looks old but has maintained himself. He doesn't talk much though. And why will he? With such a horrible son like that, who will want to talk much?


Comments