Something That Occurred to Me...

Sometime ago, when the horns of the wise were on sale,
I left my sanity in a bank vault and made love to a tale.

The tale had a lot to talk about.
It had passion,
And it had compassion
Brimming with a melancholy pout.

I like talks.
And I like walks.
And so, love for me fell.
And I had a story to tell.

That's the time I bought those horns on sale.
A pretty set they were - their sides a grisly pale.

Of course, I loved their sight.
Amidst all the stones at the marketplace
That chose to wear grey and asphalt,
These horns wore Pallour 
As if it were a riot of colour.

I let them be happy
And got them to settle on my head.
That's when I realized 
Happiness in me had gone dead.

That's when I abandoned the tale in Transylvannia
And ran from the sale.
I then  broke into the vault,
Took with me my fault,
And now reside in Arabia.


Comments