Of Beats and Sleep

22-07-2014
10:24 pm IST
Vasant Vihar, Thane

I hardly get sleep these days. I do sleep better than I did in Pune, but even so, my sleep's not a fulfilling one. It's not as if I feel ready to take on the day and force it to do what I want it to. Instead, I feel as if I must let the day go to work in my stead and leave me in bed! Funny thing - I know! But that's how it is.

Then there are these palpitations to deal with. As soon as I know it's morning, my heart starts to stomp its way through its job. As a result, I can sense its hard work through my ribs! I have struggled with this for long and now I have just given up. The days this doesn't happen I feel better. But those days have been far and few. I wonder what's the reason, really. After all, one has to work smart and not work hard. Now if only my heart can understand that!




Comments