To Know or Not to Know

Date: 21st August 2013
Time: 11:35 am

A vague feeling has begun to stretch its legs within the expanse of my rib cage. I can sense its taps on my breast bone and the throb it has got my heart into. I do want to put it down to fear of what is to transpire the next moment, but that will be unfair to the feeling itself.

For had it to be fear, I will not have been able to move fingertip and wrist to type all that you have read up to this word and all that you will in the sentences that follow. What sort of a feeling is it then? Anxiety? Perhaps it's anxiety. I dread the unknown. I love an assured response and definitely loathe one that is miles away from familiar territory.

Yes, it's anxiety. Fuelled by the need to be sure of what is to come next. And thereafter. And the moment after thereafter. 

I wish I hadn't known anxiety itself. For then, I will not have known what it is to not know what happens the very next instant....

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi buddy you must see a doctor .This is the manifestation of fear and lack of support.

Everyone have mind issues some deal with it.

Its better you see a counselor but its better to avoid medications unless you have insomnia.

A good nights sleep and a calm bliss about every little and big event in your life will remove the anxiety.

Have friends who support you at least 3 of them who will be with you no matter what.

Amazing post!
:-) Thank you for reading, Nikhil. Rest assured these are but fleeting moments. And thank God for them or I will not have had anything to complain about! :-)
Good one :)
Thank you Adarsh! :-)