Just Thinking

Date: 16th August 2013

I am trying to write something very fancy so that I satisfy this fellow in me - this fellow who wants to be bombastic, a social butterfly, and a well-known writer. Well, at least he wants to be well known. As what doesn't matter as long as fame is part of the agenda. 

I flirted with that fellow's ideas for a long long time despite the fact that I wasn't quite comfortable seeing myself doing all that. I hardly venture out, rarely do I befriend people, and I am not quite the person my relatives will pay a glowing tribute to. So, to think I should be world famous - all because of a blog - and be invited to The David Letterman Show (and get drunk before that!) is not something that is certain to happen with me.

Of course, it is possible, but not certain for sure.

Anyway, I think I'll stick to myself. This other fellow I live with: who's quiet, quite a people watcher, rehearses conversations before they begin, and who - more or less - fancies Jane Austen, Dusty Springfield, The Carpenters, and of late, Donna Summer!

Yes, I think that's best. After all, if all that fits me and makes me smile, then fit in them I will! 

Comments