Tuesday Thoughts

Today is Tuesday. It's not any ordinary Tuesday. It's a Tuesday that deigns to fall on the 22nd of January 2013. And 2013 is the year after 2012.

Some of you may or may not remember that a certain civilization had got most of us to think the world will have had shed tears, lie on a hospital bed, be strapped to a ventilating unit, and huff and puff and breathe its last on December 21st 2012.

Well, that did not happen. The Sun rose on the 22nd of December 2012 as innocently as it had on the 21st. And the clouds still wore their bland faces as they went from the North of Pune to the South.

So, it should be a matter of great pride - not to mention bravado - that we all did manage to live and thrive right up to this Tuesday - the 22nd of January 2013. Which, as you may have concluded, makes it no ordinary Tuesday.

Well, that reminds me, today's the last day to pay my cellular phone bill. Else, this is what will happen:


  • I'll have an extraordinary sum of a hundred rupees added to it. 
  • That aside, the lovely ladies and deadpan gentlemen from the Vodafone Call Centre will start to call me and let me know that my outstanding bill is Rs. so-and-so and that I need to pay it as soon as possible. And believe you me, it's not conveyed in as bland a tone as the sentence above.
So, I'll pay the bill in a while. 

I'll also make it a point to read at least three pages of any damn book that arrests my attention. I have to. I have a reading list that looks more like the what's what of the classical and modern eras. And I am close to finishing not even the preface of any of them. If I allow myself to just sit tight over that list, chances are I'll be the only ignoramus in the world who knows nothing about The Professor or The Woman in White!

Of course, it's an exaggeration. But I won't consider it to be one. Else, I'll be in my grave and the list will be unread as well.

Comments