The Weekly Guest

Monday has come to visit me. Quite a peculiar guest this day is - doesn't take tea or coffee and doesn't quite have an appetite for chocolates either. I remember some weeks ago, I tried to offer it some beer, but even that did not go down well with it. Apparently, I was told that it had a long week ahead, and it cannot indulge in beverages that fancy a tropical temperature.

Well, so I just let it lounge around. It took up all the space and time I had made for a few books and movies, and thereafter, proceeded to send me to work.

Strangely, it keeps doing this every time it visits me, and I keep doing what it makes me do every time it tells me to.

It's not a question of being meek you see. If I don't do what Monday tells me to, I'll have to do all of it and more on Tuesday. And I have begun to hate delaying things these days - something I have long delayed hating.

So, Monday is in the house for the next 15 hours or less. And I am at work for six of those. Probably, it's not a bad idea to let it stay in the house - a good 22 kms away from my workplace. After all,  I hardly talk when I go back home from work. And by the time I reach home, Monday will have had packed its bags and    gone. I'll have my dinner, look through the bay windows into the windows of the apartment opposite mine, and let not a strand of thinking attack my peace of mind.

Not until next Monday, that is.

Weekdays don't go on a permanent vacation. ;)

Comments