On Saturdays, Time, and The Parents

Place: Mumbai
Saturdays are always lazy. Even the plans I make know they have to accommodate my sleep, my loafing around on the chair by the dining table, and my aimless wanderings on the Internet. So, let's say if I were a symphony, Saturdays tend to play me in the slowest movement possible.

This Saturday is no different either. I awoke at 9! That's high crime - nay scandal! - were I to be in Pune. For by 9:15, I am in the office cafe. And by 9:20, I might have already ordered bread butter jam toast or some fresh veg. cheese sandwiches that I pair with 'hot' Bournvita.

Today, at 9: 25, I had yet to brush my teeth and take a good look at myself in the mirror. And breakfast saw me at the table at around 10 am or so. You see these are some of the perks of spending weekends with parents. I admit I hat it that they are pedantic. They want everything - including the rags - kept in their proper places. They want you to read your SMSes because 'that red light is blinking from when!'. And they do want you to land up at bus stops an hour before the bus arrives.

But on Saturdays, I am more than willing to forgive them all of that and stay late in bed! :)

Comments