Return to Imemys Elf


I think it was around three in the afternoon that I realized that what I needed to wrap up by four wasn't interested in folding itself up until the next day. So, I put it aside and pulled up Google Chrome. That done, I was wondering where to go. Wikipedia.org is always an address to run to and so is Google.com itself. But this time, since it was three in the afternoon, I went and knocked at Facebook.com.

That was when my colleague and friend - whom I have known for God-knows-how-many years - asked me about something - via an instant messenger of course. One thing led to the other - rather one question pulled us to another and before I knew it, we were talking of soaps (the kind that mother-in-laws harass daughter-in-laws in). And that's when he asked: "BTW, whatever happened to your soap?"
"My soap? What soap?"
"Arrey Soap Trash! Soap Trash!"
"Ah that!"
"Yes that! What happened?"
"Well, I have drafts man. But I have been so lazy, I cannot bring myself to copy and paste them there."

Thereafter, we went on to agree that yes, we were lazier than what we were and were bettering the art to stay put in one place - the burgeoning tummies and years notwithstanding. Of course, neither he nor I have a paunch, but you know what I mean. Well, we went on banging - sorry, harping - harping on the same thing over and over for another five minutes perhaps. And then, at the sixth minute, we strolled out of our seats and went to tea.

We did come back to our seats a while later. And no, we did nothing dramatic. Instead, we continued to work. You see, I am no longer young. There's a little bit of salt in my beard too these days - not to mention the several grains that have landed in my hair! As for my colleague, he has his own set of adventures to bother about - adventures that need a sane head than one that think drama every other second. So, we went back to work.

But... I decided to begin writing here again. After all, that's what I do best, my modesty be hanged. I know it sounds rather pompous, but well, it's also what I think to be the truth. And somehow, I find myself rather tipsy when it comes to drawing that fine line which separates my intentions to be true from the bombastic impression my intentions stamp across my face.

Well, anyway, as I said, I'll be here more often. I may tell you a story or two.  Or I may narrate a sleeping pill of an incident for you. Whatever it is, you will hear more often from me now. And I'll expect to hear from you as well! :)

Comments

Sandeep Pillai said…
Finally! :)
I don't have a paunch eh? Perhaps I do a good job of sucking it in and sustaining the tucked-in look throughout the day :P

Good. Waiting to see more.