Hugh Miss; Hugh Mess

My left palm supported a portion of my chin. But my face would have none of this show of affection. So, I had to fling my palm down to the table and throw my ear on to my forearm.

A full 10 minutes later, after I had memorized every pore that slept next to a hair strand or two on my arm, I realized I needed to do something better than an epidermic observation.

I was at home, and I had promised myself to not touch my office inbox. I also decided to not be of much help in the house either.  Hence, the epidermic observation happened.

But it was time to move on to better things. It was time to surf idly - with no direction whatsoever.
So I began to surf - with no fixed intention to land up with anything at all. I visited Google.com. Then, I switched to its video-search page. And from there, God alone knows how, I landed on YouTube.com.

Well, once there, I think I used Hugh Jackman as my search string. For I remember seeing Wolverine's trailers among the search results.  Anyway I clicked on one of those and promptly landed up on a high-definition version of the trailer.

To its side, left side to be specific, Youtube.com had loaded a number of suggestions. And this was one of them!



I was shocked! Of course, I expected stars to do stupid stuff, but this! This is plain silliness in its ripest form! Hugh Jackman looks like an idiot as he forces himself to smile and coaxes his hips to wiggle just in time to the beat of some fluffy slippery jingle.

Poor fellow, I doubt he had time to polish his steps. They are so terrible, our Abhishek Bacchhan does better in comparison! To make matters even worse, I can't quite understand how the advertisers can expect people to digest the fact that the man who played Wolverine and known to have the most severely serious nature onscreen can dance to such faff!

Anyway, who am I to complain. With a pay cheque of a million dollars or more, I am sure the fellow knows what he is doing. He's a star, he has a PR agency to warn and advise him. So I am quite sure he was awake when he signed the contract.

As for me, I am just amused that he is doing all of that for the sake of some silly stupid iced tea!

Comments