Grime and Bland Travels Ltd

1st November 2010

I still travel to Andheri to earn my bread and butter. But this time, I trot to Kurla, take the 332, and then let the 332 throw me off at Leela Business Park.

Kurla is this nondescript station lying - and lamenting - along the Central line. It has no personality and never ever attempted to wear anything fancy either. It's no surprise then that it wears a tattered apron as a road just outside Platform no. 1. And that road takes you through several rags that act as lanes that go all about the place as if they were salespeople peddling dirt in the winters and muck in the monsoons.

One of these rags happens to take you to the bus depot and a shred of that rag leads you to the bus stand for the 332. The stand wears the nature of the city it stands in - it's crowded, not at all luxurious, makes you sweat in five minutes, and lets the Sun irritate you.

Well, so much for the stand. As for the bus route it stands for, the less said the better. A few years ago, the BEST did run double deckers on this route. Not that that eased traffic, it's just that you could somehow manage to find a seat within 10 minutes of you standing in line.

And then the BEST decided that it had - not even the Lord knows why - made a grievous error and pulled out all the double deckers plying to and fro on this route.

Needless to say, but say I must, the single deckers cannot weather the ever-increasing workforce using this route. The lines now extend right to the end of the depot and the Sun and the rain have a marvellous time spoiling your mood and clothes.

But well, since I know single deckers and Kurla are to be my - er - acquaintances for a while, I will just sigh, roll my eyes, throw my hands up, and try to read Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness on my way!

Comments