Episode 124: And We Talk of The Divide

"Somehow you know these people here? They don't seem to have it."
"Here where?"
"Tch, here here! This place - S--- where we are now!"
"I see. And what do they don't have now?"
"I don't know."
"Then how do you know they don't have it?"
"Oh you're being difficult."
"Well, seriously what do they don't have?"
"Well you know when we were in U--, those people there - they had this class!"
"I see! Class!"

"Yes, you know there was this thing in them - I don't see that in these people here."
"Whew! What thing now?"
"Can't you understand?"
"No."
"Well! That thing - you know! That culture in them."
"You mean to say they have no sense of style?"
"Oh yes exactly - Tribals! All of them!"
"Tribals?!"

"Yes, those savages you come across in Rwanda? Those kind of tribals."
"You sure do have an opinion about them."
"Well, see. I can't help that! Have you notice them when they come to Church? They are dead by the time they are seated in the pews."
"I know!"
"And there at U--, they were just the opposite. They had life in them. There was this exuberance and enthusiasm about them."
"Well, I think it has something to do with they being from South Mumbai."
"Really? And I thought I and only I subscribe to that idea."
"Well, I think I am beginning to believe that myself."
"Haha! Really now?"
"Oh yes, apparently, someone did mention in a newspaper article how people from South Mumbai are more cultured than the ones in the suburbs."

"Do you even hear yourself? You sound like me."
"Well, I have heard you so often, I had better start it off myself before you do."
"Haha! Very funny!"
"Then what? It's the same tape that you keep playing."
"Well, never mind. You are so useless - you'll never notice the thing."
"What thing?!"
"Oh never mind! I should have known. You are not from South Mumbai either!"

Comments