Episode 111: The Side Forgotten

Into an expanse of white -
Sheer white dulled by the lack of light,
I ventured to allow my step to tread.

The expanse then morphed into a spiral with barely a path to tread.
I went in nevertheless and walked.
Silence walked
With me and I walked
With anxiety.

Knowing not what will rise from the ball of black right ahead,
I walked. I turned to my right
and observed the chequered walls that had pins of black.
So minute that anxiety saw it all
So vivid that I noticed them all.

We walked on.
The robe of white fluttered in a breeze
That it noticed.
To me, there was no sign of breath in here
For I thought no breathing was ever practiced.

Lines - dark and blurred came forth;
Embracing the walls lest they spiral down.
Lines - with life and some turmoil;
Somewhere in my mind swung down.

Spewing out memories,
Of a time gone by.
Painting a portrait,
of visions afraid to come by.
Singing a song,
that sounded like a cry.

And then the expanse was an expanse no more.
For deep within
Were those years I wanted to see no more.

Comments