Episode 110: The Ramble

The Sun melted the mist and the darkness of the night into a serene glow that spread all over the sky. The lawns breathed in the cool fragrance that this marvel had wrought. And the butterflies flew with a merry rhythm in their wings.

I walked to the shore - that expanse of white clear sand - and impressed it with my footprints. I walked and walked to the tune of a line of thought that knew just when to leave me in peace and not let me dwell on things in the past that might blur my vision.

I looked out onto the sea. It had just risen to take in the morning. The waves crashed on the crests of the ones before them for they were eager to run their course and come laze on the shore in the Sun that had swept away the dark of the night that was thunderous in its nature.

I walked on and sat on a bench of white stone. My hair tried to leave me and run away with the breeze that nudged me to give it some company. It fluttered around my ankles and played with my eyelashes as the doves from the glades nearby rose to greet the Sun.Quiet and composed the doves were - dressed in spotless white and rising higher every moment.

The breeze sighed and ruffled my sleeves, but I sat and watched the flock sweep into the sky. As if in a trance, they flew to a symphony of sorts and twirled my thoughts into the clouds that had dropped by.

The breeze left me then for it knew where my eyes were. And so, I sat there alone, with just my thoughts on a day that rose to match my steps...

Comments