Episode 109: Being Together

It's best that we go together:
You take the children,
I'll be there sooner or later.

It's best that we go together:
I'll be at the bar,
And you'll be with the teetotaller.

We are - of course - together:
You are in the kitchen,
and I am on the phone forever.

We are there together:
For a wedding;
For a funeral;
Looking at someone or the other.

We are together - yes very much together:
We have the children to nurture,
We have the taxes to bother'.

And yet,
We don't look at each other.
We don't talk into the night.
We don't understand each other.
We don't - well, you get the picture.

Sigh!
We are together indeed;
Not perhaps in deed,
But out of dire need.

Comments

Oh thank you!:) What have you been upto?
Nothing spectacular enough to comment on. Same old, same old. You?
Oh it's the same old rhyme! :) Looks like I'll have to bribe people around to throw some drama in my life.

How's Oxford and the hubby?:)