Episode 100: Oh I am Old!

I am 100 posts old. Of course, the 100th post doesn't matter for in it, I am about to recap what I have already written.

I wrote about heartbreaks of the mystical kind. They flitted past me - I won't disclose whether through me or through others - during these years I spent chronicling the deeds and feelings that affected me. I can see them at times in the vision of my mind, sitting placidly on a glowing branch in some enchanted forest. They seem half asleep and rocking to and fro with the sweet bliss of the thought that whatever they had to do they did and they did it well.

I also wrote about my family. In fact, I more often than not write about my family here. Mother has always been the star actress of the ensemble. Sister Dearest dutifully plays the supporting role to the hilt: She does provide comic relief in the times I have nothing but a stream of tears to think about. And she very cleverly and astutely brings to my notice the fine points that I miss in my wallowing for self pity. To them, I raise a toast. Oh but both will disapprove of me raising a toast laden with butter. So, here's to you both - Mother and Sister - I raise a glass of wine. May you always fill me with words to write about and the common sense that I so often seem to lack.

Father I restricted to being a guest here. He walked in in some write-ups, sat around, read the newspaper, and in general let us all have our way with what is to be said in my posts. Of course, he did let us know he is the man about the house and town - at times in a very irritating, mafia-like manner, but of late, he has decided he has had enough of that role. I think he wants me to take it up now. I am thinking about it. But I have to tweak the script for such a major character switch: Being Father doesn't come easy. So here's a toast to the man - yes, he won't mind a buttered toast - who saw me through my adolescence, my madness, my obstinate behaviour, and did provide me with the education I needed to write the way I do these days.

That said, let me not forget my relatives! They have been the veritable raw material for a lot of the spectacular drama here. They died, married, brought forth children, christened their children, and made thee grand mistake of inviting me to all their functions. As a result, their functions landed up here - complete with my descriptions that I doubt they all will approve of. Keep inviting me, I'll say! For what good is it for a man to gain the whole world and lose his relatives!

Oh but don't go! There's more. I know I am missing out someone. Oh actually, I am missing out a whole bunch of them.

Ah yes, my two girl friends - E and T. Much as I am tempted to combine their initials and write them off as aliens just so that I can joke, I will definitely not do so.

E and T I know I don't know since when. Probably, it's been four or five years. Probably, more. It seems an eternity. I got to know T first and then she put me on to E. And a few months, later, GET were a gang of sorts. We gossiped, bitched - yes bitched, let your mouth hang wide open!-, analyzed and wrote off people, spared no one from the best worst snipes, slapped people without using our hands, and in general, just knew we were and will always be together. I drifted in and out of the GET gang and so did T, but E has always always been there and seen to it that the gang did have at least two of its three members to keep it going.

To E and T then! Cheers! It's been a wonderful time though I may have disappeared at times. And thank you for calling and keeping me talking during my stay in Hades! To you two, I owe a part of my sanity.

The other part of my sanity I owe to A. A walked into my life not too long ago and quickly, ever so quickly, managed to make me laugh even in cliff-hanger-like situations. She has been practical and made me see practicality in whatever I have asked her about. To her then goes a buttered toast and the glass of wine from Tote's cellar.:)

And last, but never ever the least, thank you my dear readers. You have read - probably one, probably two, probably all of it. You have commented, criticized, and ticked me off. And you have smiled, approved, and patted me on the back as well. Thank you! Thank you so much. I like writing for you as much as I hope you like to read it all.

To you all then, I bow in deep reverence and gratitude.

For what good is it for a man to perform, but not have an audience!

Comments