Episode 84: The Search

I checked my diary;
And looked through many a note.
I went through my conversations;
And heard it all note for note.

I walked down the stairs;
And looked around.
I gazed at the skies;
And heard a subtle dismal pound.

I climbed into a bus;
And decided to get off somewhere.
I searched the eyes that searched me;
For a thought told me it might be somewhere.

I got down on a lane green and lush,
That sidled up to a meadow lonely and graceful.
The waters there sparkled and rustled,
As they sang of a saga old and wistful.

I awoke all of a sudden.
And I did hear the song.
Its words were lonely and Godforsaken-
Words I hadn't heard for long.

I wrote them down-
Every sad letter and bored note.
I wrote them with thoughts upside down-
Every line on which I did dote.

I liked the song,
As I saw the night drift to a smiling morn.
And I realized as the stars went home,
I hadn't what I did have when I was born.

Comments

ThisIsMe said…
Gud one .. but y so sad :(