Episode 79: Left and Forgotten

I escaped to a land,
That took no questions.
I in peace did land,
And no one did of me a dissection.

I loved this land.
The hills sang a song:
A melody for which I did long,
For a time as old as the song,
That entertained an island,
Where there was no question,
Without a question.

I walked in this land.
The path was strewn with happiness,
That grew amidst the sadness,
And blossomed with cheer - no less.
So, I tipped my toes in this idyllic mess,
That entertained an island,
On which did never land a question,
Without a question.

I sat by its shore.
The waters smiled and waved.
They, to my side, swayed,
And sat around my toes like children who obeyed.

I smiled at them and my eyes gazed,
At this serene locale which in fact was the island,
That entertained no question-
Not even a part of its section.

A dark thunderous might flew in
After the evening decided to turn in;
Frightful black and deviously burnin',
With those very questions I had been avoidin'.

They stabbed me on my lips;
They slashed my nimble wrists;
They ripped my soul to bits;
And sent my heart into a thousand fits.

Why did you leave us?
We were yours.
Why did you not along with you take us?
We are - because of this thought of yours.

I could not that deny,
Yet I wished they all would fly.
So, I let loose my thought and gave it to them,
And they swept off with it to a deep dark disturbing harlem...

Comments