Episode 59: Prickly Peppy Heat

"Oh you'll be working there."
"Yes."
"You might run into him then?"
"Him? Who?"
"Oh that fellow I was telling you about?"
"Oh that fellow!"
"He's so gorgeous, isn't he?"
"I can't believe you used that word and a pronoun for him in the same sentence."

"Ha ha. You're just plain jealous."
"No I'm not. I don't get jealous of mongooses."
"He doesn't look like a mongoose."
"Oh he does. Ask his dog. He'll say the same thing."
"Oh come on. He looks gorgeous. Did you know I fancied him at one point in time?"
"What?! I never knew you loved animals. And that too one that pricked all over!"
"He doesn't look like a mongoose!"
"Alright. I take that back. He behaves like Dev Anand then."

"Oh come off it now."
"What? He does. He shakes his neck the way Dev Anand does."
"Rubbish. Don't make up stories."
"What rubbish? You rubbish! I seen him the other day. He looks so awful."
"I saw him recently okay?"
"My sighting of him was even more recent."
"How recent?"
"Remember the film festival at which you ditched me? I saw him there."
"Ah yes, so?"
"He looked awful."
"Awesome you mean?"
"Oh shut up already. He looked like a drug addict with no control on his hands and legs."

"Oh that's a style. That's part of his charm."
"Whew! Are you doing this to tease me? Or is this how low your tastes have sunk?"
"Ha ha. Why do you take it so seriously?"
"If you talk in that manner, obviously I will."
"Ha ha. I love taking you for a ride. It's so much fun."
"Yes yes. Totally. With mongooses and Dev Anand for company!"
"Come now! How about my company?"
"Oh it's always welcome - provided you don't talk mongooses."

"Ha ha. So see you then at 7 tomorrow."
"Make it 8."
"How about 9?"
"Make that 11. You never get up before 10:30."
"How rude! How mean! Take that back or I'll call the mongoose."
"Alright alright, 10 then?"
"Oh yes, you know the timing well."
"And you know the talk just as well."
"What?"
"Nothing nothing! I'll see you okay?"
"Alright buhbye, see you. Lips across now."
"Were they ever not across the phone for you?"
"Ha ha. See you. Buhbye."
"Bye!"

Comments