Episode 39: The Odd Insecurity

"You know I cannot imagine them together."
"Well no one is telling you to. For they are already together."
"I know I know. I am just saying."
"I don't see anything wrong with the pair."
"No there's nothing wrong."
"Apart from the fact that he looks like the father."
"And she like the daughter."
"Really, now, will you hold that against them?"
"Well, you said there was no flaw. And then you mention he looks like a father."
"Yes that I will hold against him."
"You are jealous."
"No I am not."
"Yes you are."
"No I am not."
"Yes, you are."
"Really? Well-"

--

"Oh really? And he admitted that to you?"
"Oh yes he did."
"He is in love with her!"
"He had better not be. The match is fixed. The ring's slipped on."
"Oh come on! Have the vows been taken?"
"Look - it's too late. And I think he knows that too."
"It's never too late for anything."
"Really? You are saying that! You! You refused that fellow because he took an eternity to fall in love with you."
"People change."
"This late?!"
"So he admitted to being jealous of that that-"
"-father."
"I see. Well, he can always consider me."


--


"Really? She said that? She said that?"
"She also said it's never too late."
"She said that? She said that?"
"She does talk you know. She does use a whole sack of other sentences too."
"Well, yes, I know. It's just that she said that."
"Will you stop it already? She said that so what? You too can say that."
"Say what?"
"Well you have two options: Either say it's never too late. Or You can say she can always consider me."


--


"So, er-"
"Er.. she told me about-"
"Yes she told me too."
"She's so sweet. She tells everything."
"Yes she believes in freedom of information."
"Only if the information isn't about her."
"Well, all that information was nice to know."
"What?!"
"I mean it's always nice to be informed."
"Yes, but not by her. She makes the hunter the hunted and marries off people even as their funerals are in full swing."
"Well, she's better than the BBC. At least, she spikes the facts."
"What?!"
"Nothing nothing."
"Well why are we here now?"
"Because I wanted to tell you something."
"Go on."
"You want a Milky Bar or a Toblerone?"
"You were to tell me something. This sounds like a question."
"Alright alright. I wanted to tell you that that-"
"That?"
"That it's never too late for you to consider me for I always always did consider you."
"That's it?"
"Yes, why?"
"Well, I thought you'll also give me a Milky Bar."
"Oh oh, here it is."
"Well, then here's my reply."

--

And as her reply ran off from her lips into his ears, the Sun decided it had heard enough and the Moon decided it just had to hear more. The man and the woman then drifted away from the shore and into the city as a thousand speckles of light flew from the apartments into the mist that stayed as silent as the whisperer of truth witnessing a change from within.

Comments