Episode 35: The Ring

Ten digits were selected, a certain someone got them dialed, and a few seconds later, a certain phone that belonged to a special someone awoke from its slumber.

"Hello?"
"Yes, hello, hello.Tell me: What are you upto?"
"You know I was just about to call you."
"And what are you doing now then? Practising for the real call?"
"Oh shut up."
"Hello? You called me! I did not call you! If anyone has to say I was just about to call you, it's I - not you."

"Oh I was trying to predict your sentence."
"Really? Since when did you start to do that?"
"Just now. You're my first, my last-"
"-my everything."
"Ahh see, even you are learning how to do that."
"What? Lift lines from songs?"
"No no I mean predict sentences. You know it's a sign we have telepathy."
"Come on, what's wrong with you? We both know it's a song."

"So? Is it banned from telephonic conversation?"
"No. But that's hardly a line that's worth my effort in prediction."
"What do you mean?"
"Okay look - you know it's a song. I know it's a song. So obviously, if you say you're my first, I'm gonna know you're referring to that song! It's so simple, even simplicity is offended by its ease."
"Whew! Okay tell me something: Why have you always to act like this?"
"Like what?"
"Like this spoilsport."
"I? A spoilsport? Ground-"
"-breaking!"
"Hehe. Okay okay I'm sorry."

A flutter of laughter and a smile dipped in love met this at the other end of the telephone and the lips that smiled asked: "So, how was your day?"
"Oh the usual. And yours?"
"Oh the usual. And yours?"
"I just told you. What's wrong with you?"
"What's wrong with you?"
"Oh Lord! Please please please. I hate this."
"I hate this too."
"Hate what now?"
"Hate what now?"
"Okay I gotta go."

"No no no. Please please. I'm sorry."
"I really hate it when you keep repeating whatever I say."
"Oh come on. Why have you always to act like this?"
"Like what?"
"Like this spoilsport."
"I? A spoilsport? Groundbreaking!"
"Ha ha. You're so sweet. You're so cute. I'll see you tomorrow then?"
"Oh yes,Carter Road?"
"Sure."
"Okay buh-bye!"
"See you."
"Bye."
"Okay hang up now!"
"Alrightey. Buh-bye."

And with a click, the phone returned to its slumber.

Comments