Episode 22: The Analytic Advice

"I knew you'll do this."
"Do what now?"
"Well, what you just did."
"And what did I do?"
"Oh you ask me for advice and go right ahead and do just the opposite of what I told you to."
"Well, I wanted to talk to someone about it."
"Really - well - then, you must make that very clear you know. I thought you were asking for my advice."
"Well I did."

"Oh so talking about it to someone and asking for advice means one and the same to you, doesn't it?"
"Well, yes, it does mean the same, doesn't it?"
"No it doesn't."

"And why?"
"Because when you talk to someone, you just expect yourself to talk and that someone to listen and nod his or her head. When you ask for advice, you expect yourself to talk, that someone to listen and offer some advice as well."
"Okay okay, I am sorry."
"Well, but I did expect this from you. So I am not thoroughly surprised."
"Then?"
"I am just amused that you are so predictable."

"I am not predictable."
"Of course you are."
"Of course I'm not."
"Of course you are."
"What makes you say so?"
"Well, the fact that you behaved just the way I knew you would is proof enough."
"But I don't always behave this way."
"Yes, you don't. But most of the time, it's the norm."

"Oh, so you think you have me figured out pretty well eh?"
"Yes, just as you think you have analyzed me pretty well."
"Really now! When did I say that?"
"Oh you say that all the time. All the time."

"Okay pin point me a time."
"Alright. A few weeks back-"
"-Oh okay okay. I know the time now. But you know what? It's time for me to hang up."
"But I wasn't talking of the time. I was just saying that a few weeks back-"
"- Yes yes, I know that time too. And I really have to hang up now. Or else, I'll have to stay back till 9:30."

"Okay, alrightey. I'll see you later then."
"Okay, buhbye. Keep me updated."
"On what now? Oh okay, that! Yes yes. Bye."

She snapped shut her phone.
He jogged the playlist on his.
An hour later, she had decided not to call him for a week.
And he had decided to pretend to look busy at work.

Comments