Episode 20: The Complaint Master

Usually, I never ever open my mouth to complain, least of all at work. I might complain at home. But then home is where the heart is. The soul is there too. And since my heart and soul and body decide to let their guard down only at home, I let down my hair too and do complain about this and that in the kitchen and that and the other in the bathroom. But such complaining phases are few and far in between. And they all happen, as I said, at home.


However, the other day, as I sat at my desk on the 6th floor of Blanktra building, waiting patiently for writers to send me their work, I realized I can and do have the ability to complain at work too. So, an hour after that realization, I divorced patience, locked my PC, and walked into my manager's cabin.

"Yes?" she asked, with her face to her PC screen.
"Well, can I speak to you for a minute?"
"Yes sure."
"Well, the thing is I am on this project. It's a nice project and things are going great. However, I would want to do something more stimulating."

That stimulated her senses and she turned to face me.

"Stimulating?"
"Yes, you see this project of mine I said. I am a CE there. I do edits and all. But I cannot do this sort of thing anymore."
"Really, why?"
"Because it's too hectic Maam," I blurted out.

"Hectic?"
"Yes, and these deadlines that they have? They are so unrealistic."
"Okay and you have figured out what you would want to do?"

"Yes. Some of those projects in the other department I know? I don't mind doing those. Frankly, I don't mind doing anything that isn't so demanding as this project."

If she did have an argument in favour of 'this project', my reply burnt it down.

"Okay, alright," she said, as I knew she would, "I see. I'll initiate the switch then."

Three weeks have met me, gossiped, and gone by.
She has yet to initiate the initiation!

Comments