Episode 11: The Cell Phone

I need a new cell phone - all because my Sony Ericsson T230 decided to murder its battery. Oh I did look for a new battery, but apparently, Sony decided to make it unavailable.

In the days that followed, I had nothing much to think of. I was also fed up of my straight-faced stick-like T 230. So, I thought I'll divorce the T 230 and buy a new flip phone.

Well, there are many flips available: Some around 3000 to 4000. Others climb as high as 8000 and a select few ride up to 20000 as well.

I hate spending more than 4000 (actually 5000) on a cellphone. After all, all I use it for is to send/receive SMSes, make/receive calls and store contact numbers. However cell companies insist I should have more to do with their contraptions. So they pack in a camera, FM radio, MP3 player etc, etc, and push the price up. I, however, steadily refuse to let these features hypnotize me into doling out more on these phones. 5000 is all I can let go of.

However, it's a task to zero in on a phone that costs as much. Even if you do, the phone either doesn't look good or doesn't look like a phone at all. At least the ones I finalised for the last round gave me that impression. They look so sorry about themselves, you'll do their ego a service if you call them sleek and stylish!

Well, much as I like to hate them all, I have to remember that they are the only choices I can choose from. So be it then. I'll just blindfold myself and approve of a cell or two. And then choose one from those two.

Comments